Aldi specials

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like the one's in NSW and Vic, they have a section full of booze, most of it is pretty good.

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Keep an eye out for the latest Aldi cat it has a heap of interesting camping stuff, Van Covers $99 up to 22ft, the collapsible buckets ( good value), side screens, annex floors, solar panels (can vouch for the panels) and other goodies....date for Feb 9 up this way ....bug zapper is on my list.

Reactions: Bluey and 1DayIll

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee you must get your advertising early. we are normally only a week in advance if we are lucky!

QLD ahead of the rest of course.................................Here's a quick scan of some pages......

. IMG_20190129_0002.jpg ...................................................................................IMG_20190129_0001.jpg ...The flooring is good gear mine are still going after 4 yrs.

IMG_20190129_0003.jpg .......Solar panels aren't too bad replace the dinky controller eventually is a good idea.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Get your helmets and shields ready for on Feb 8th at ALDI the Grey nomads will be doing battle, walkers and sticks will be flying as ALDI has a mammoth Caravan Special Sale on that Saturday.......
..Caravan Covers $100
..Alloy folding steps $30
..Side and Front screens $30/$50
..Awning floor mats $30 *
..Hoses, chairs,folding pots and buckets
..Solar panels 170w $199 *
..24" 12v TV $159 *

and quite a few other bits, now the ones I have put a * next to I have in use, the solar panel, TV's and floor matting is just as good if not better than the big name gear you pay twice as much for and mine have had quite a few years of use not just sitting in a shed...... the collapsable buckets certainly last the distance as mine is coming up to about 4 years still going strong as goes fishing with me as well as camping.... going to be a good time to visit kids in Toowoomba as they have 3 Aldis so may be able to get some bits i want.

In fact very similar to the pics in my earlier post....................

We get the Cat early in our mail box probably as the nearest is over 50km away but we are an old coot enclave....

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-caravanning-coming-soon/

Reactions: 1DayIll

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Get your helmets and shields ready for on Feb 8th at ALDI the Grey nomads will be doing battle, walkers and sticks will be flying as ALDI has a mammoth Caravan Special Sale on that Saturday.......
..Caravan Covers $100
..Alloy folding steps $30
..Side and Front screens $30/$50
..Awning floor mats $30 *
..Hoses, chairs,folding pots and buckets
..Solar panels 170w $199 *
..24" 12v TV $159 *

and quite a few other bits, now the ones I have put a * next to I have in use, the solar panel, TV's and floor matting is just as good if not better than the big name gear you pay twice as much for and mine have had quite a few years of use not just sitting in a shed...... the collapsable buckets certainly last the distance as mine is coming up to about 4 years still going strong as goes fishing with me as well as camping.... going to be a good time to visit kids in Toowoomba as they have 3 Aldis so may be able to get some bits i want.

In fact very similar to the pics in my earlier post....................

We get the Cat early in our mail box probably as the nearest is over 50km away but we are an old coot enclave....

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-caravanning-coming-soon/
There are a couple of things I will need to look at. The tv sounds like a good idea to replace mine that needs the set top box

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
So I got the brochure today and had a look. If I get a TV, how does it work if the aerial needs power and the tv can run off 12v.?

Hi @1DayIll , the 12 volt television just plugs into a 12 volt outlet (the ones you do not yet have or are thinking about?) and the amplifier for the aerial plugs into another 12 volt socket if you have one. If you are smart and only have one 12 volt outlet, get yourself a 12 volt plug with two or more outlets. These are usually fitted with a 10A fuse which is plenty for television and antenna amplifier. A lot of 12 volt televisions have a fitting for 240 volt connection so you can connect to the grid . The television still requires 12 volts and the 240 volt plug is just a transformer converting AC power to DC and dropping the voltage to 12 volts. You would still need a 12 volt outlet for the aerial amp though.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just get a normal TV aerial just not a huge bugga you don't need a wind up just a extendable pole to stick it on that way you won't need an expensive aerial coupled to an expensive booster...............for watching some ordinary TV.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Ok thanks , I think. I need a new Tele so if this works will be. A good start if I am using 12 volt or not. A step in the right direction I guess

Just one thing I forgot to to advise you about @1DayIll . With the smaller van type antennae, you will need a masthead amplifier. If operating on grid, the normal type amp is sufficient. However, if operating off grid and using on board battery power, you must use a masthead amp suitable for use with 12 volts - approx $50.00 or so on Ebay. Some areas have poor television reception and that is where a masthead amp is vital to get any watchable picture. Even if you get a good domestic antenna as @Drover suggested, you may still have problems without an amp of some sort. I have a smaller tv antenna which I carry in back of tug and use an extendable pole to raise antenna to the required height and direction. Will see if i can send you a picture.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Just one thing I forgot to to advise you about @1DayIll . With the smaller van type antennae, you will need a masthead amplifier. If operating on grid, the normal type amp is sufficient. However, if operating off grid and using on board battery power, you must use a masthead amp suitable for use with 12 volts - approx $50.00 or so on Ebay. Some areas have poor television reception and that is where a masthead amp is vital to get any watchable picture. Even if you get a good domestic antenna as @Drover suggested, you may still have problems without an amp of some sort. I have a smaller tv antenna which I carry in back of tug and use an extendable pole to raise antenna to the required height and direction. Will see if i can send you a picture.
That would be great.
Thanks