Aldi specials

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
Pump spounds great

If anyone is wondering about the solar led flood lights and hand held light/torch both with motion sensors they are great. Very bright. I will be using them on the van next trip for sure.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I mounted the pump on a small bit of ply with the intention of fitting it to the fold up trolley which I drag my jerry cans around with, still have that intention but in the meantime I hold it by hand, bought some decent size clear hose and all is good, a couple of hose pick up mods and it would work even better, screw gun needs full charge to get best effort out of it.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
What a shame! I will be away on the van for the weekend at Angelsea.

I guess i will have to go in next week and see what is left. then again the Caravan show is on in Melbourne so might look there as well
Hi,

yes we are going away as well. It will be a great weekend to find a nice quiet camping spot since everyone else will be hanging around at home all weekend to be first in the door at Aldi on Saturday:)

cheers
Mike

Reactions: dagree and Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Hi,

yes we are going away as well. It will be a great weekend to find a nice quiet camping spot since everyone else will be hanging around at home all weekend to be first in the door at Aldi on Saturday:)

cheers
Mike

Well that is what I thought as well. Called the park and got the last sight on the riverfront. Thought I would have the choice of sites!

they said all weekends in February are always busy.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Well that is what I thought as well. Called the park and got the last sight on the riverfront. Thought I would have the choice of sites!

they said all weekends in February are always busy.
Hi,

oh well, I thought it would be a good plan.

Maybe, the week after will be a btter time to go camping in Victoria since everyone will be at the Caravan show:)

cheers
Mike

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I remember when we used to list eBay specials. It's now superseded by Aldimania.

We're usually away in February so have missed out...but not this year.

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's actually a first, I don't have a need to go, I already have what I want...........which is great as I didn't want to drive the 50 km to Gympie as I would probably stop at Bunnings as well...................

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
It must be that time again, the Caravan Specials are on again, this SATURDAY 18th FEB 2017...

www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-18-february/

Some new bits added to the list as well.
Well that was my first experience for the camping specials ,Arrived at 8:30 and it was on, just like demolition Derby. snatch and grab all rolled into one:o
Is it always like that on the east coast or just here in the west because Aldi in new?
I wanted a couple of camping chairs ,the only ones I got close to were in other ppl's trolley's

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That sounds about right, you line up about half hour before door opens and be prepared to take out a few dozen pensioners to get what you want.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Well that was my first experience for the camping specials ,Arrived at 8:30 and it was on, just like demolition Derby. snatch and grab all rolled into one:o
Is it always like that on the east coast or just here in the west because Aldi in new?

It depends on where you go.

I rolled into the Melton just before noon and everything I needed was there. Picked up a fan and collapsible washing basket and dishwashing tub. Plenty of everything else.

I've been to some though which are just like Boxing Dale sales where it's a dog eat dog world...

Reactions: 17triton and Delano

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ours was relatively civilised...nearly got knocked over by the guy wielding the hand forklift. He was allocated to the camping gear and, as soon as he'd replenished the stock, it was gone,

It was our first foray to the Aldi camping sale and they were selling heaps.

Aren't we doing a good job advertising them!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Very quiet in the 2 Sydney stores I visited.grabbed a couple of the awning end privacy screens, but struggled to find anything else to spend my money on.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Very quiet in the 2 Sydney stores I visited.grabbed a couple of the awning end privacy screens, but struggled to find anything else to spend my money on.
Yes I went in the local store on the way home from work yesterday and they had plenty of stock but nothing jumped out at me and said buy me so I left empty handed. It might be because I already have a van and shed full of their stuff already?

Reactions: Delano and Drover

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
I arrived at 8.20 at the Berwick store. Close to 60 nomads out the front. Shutter opened and it was on. My brisk walk to the rear of store ended up being a sprint when the competition gathered pace. I'm 45 and I was the youngest person there. Grabbed the TV to update van with. No big covers on display. Asked staff and they had two of the 20ft covers out the back. Dived on those and left the seagulls squaking over the chairs and other bits. Van is in storage but has anyone fitted one of the covers to a 18.57 at all yet. Or tried the TV. At 21 inches it looked ok to replace the standard OEM fitted tele that has been in there for 6 years. Kids almost can't see it if you don't sit directly in front of it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Don't know about the covers but heard they are okay, the TV I found to be excellant, a very strong tuner and great picture quality, with all the sockets and plugs to cover all needs, I will buy another for sure.

Jazdiver

May 26, 2016
Berwick
Well fitted the TV, about half the weight of the standard but not as high. Old one was like a complete square screen like the old computer monitors from 7 years back. Measured up the van and it goes 20ft 6 so not sure if the cover will fit being a 18-20ft cover. It's still in storage.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Out of interest, are the TV's 12V?

Took the fan out to the van before and plugged it in. A couple of things I noticed:
  1. On low, it drew around 0.2A according to the drifter.
  2. On high, it drew around 0.3A according to the drifer
  3. It has a crazy long 12V cord easily reached the length of our 19ft van.
  4. Moves air around very well and one should be more than enough for us. If it was smaller I'd think about it.