20' Series Advice for upgrade from 16.49-1 to 20.63-1OB

Caledapho

Dec 27, 2012
One more question please?? Ive just realised that Im a bit confused with the tow ratings between the vehicle and trailero_O

So, my Prado is rated to tow 2500 and 250 ball loading. And since ATM means trailer+payload+ball-loading... doesnt that mean I can buy a caravan with an ATM of 2750? Or does the tow rating include ball loading??

Or maybe it would be easier to ask... does the Prado 2500 towing capacity mean it can tow a 2500ATM or a 2500GTM?

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Nice lot of inclusions there twscoot! And I do like the fixed back end, for an option of mounting a motorbike rack.
However, the lounge dinette is a little on the small side for my family. Do you know if they came with a club lounge option?
You could at the time option it with an L shape lounge. Agree this is the downside of the 20 foot van. But - we spend much of our time outside and the single beds (with a pillow behind you) upfront work as lounges too - useful when there's two tv's inside... (of which one can be mounted on the outside wall!).... The benefit is the floor space you get compared to a double bed option. Plenty of room inside on wet day for the four of us. Happy hunting.

Reactions: Caledapho

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
One more question please?? Ive just realised that Im a bit confused with the tow ratings between the vehicle and trailero_O

So, my Prado is rated to tow 2500 and 250 ball loading. And since ATM means trailer+payload+ball-loading... doesnt that mean I can buy a caravan with an ATM of 2750? Or does the tow rating include ball loading??

Or maybe it would be easier to ask... does the Prado 2500 towing capacity mean it can tow a 2500ATM or a 2500GTM?
Short answer - No. Sorry. Prado (old model) is rated to 2500kg ATM.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

The ATM is the van sitting on a weigh bridge all alone, unhitched and loaded up with all its, and your goodies. The GTM is basically just the weight of the van under just the tyres ie not including the ball weight. As said above, the trailers ATM is your cars max. Doh .... sorry

Reactions: Caledapho