Actual length?

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
Hi all just measured the van for a new cover an from front to back it comes in at 18'6", which is a bit longer than 17" that i thought it was.
Anyone have any idea how Jayco actually measure vans?

rick.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
A little bit unrelated but...............when we updated our OB Hawk for the Expanda a 16-49.3 OB I wanted it to be stored in the shed. So I went onto the Jayco web site and looked up the travel length to make sure it fitted in the shed and all was good. :)

So after waiting 3.5 months I got the Expanda home and did the usual set up etc. The next day I thought I'd put it in the shed and when backing it in I had a feeling, ''This isn't going to fit'' and I was right it was around 200mm to long :confused: Out with the tape and the Expanda travel length was longer than the web site specs.

Luckily I have sliding doors on that end of the shed so it was off with the doors,extend the roof new poles to hang the door runners and problem fixed :juggle:

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
I know what you mean cancan, i have been looking at mine thinking,,,thats longer than 17" for quite some time now.
Running the tape measure over it was definately a suprise thats for sure.
Good luck with the pickup tommorrow.

rick.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
OK - so there might be some variation with length, but how accurate are their van height measurements?

Might have to get some work done to the carport!