Electrical Accessing power near sink

DaveyT

Oct 16, 2021
Bunbury
Hi all,
Wanting to know if there is available 12v power near the sink I could run a water pump off. Or am I better off running it's own cable from battery with an inline fuse?
Any help appreciated thank you✌️

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Maybe a bit more info on the existing electrical system might help. Does it have a setec charger? An existing pump switch used or unused? Is this a replacement pump or an upgrade?

In principle a pump would be better with a dedicated supply from a setec or battery as they tend to draw a lot of current when running

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ditto on jazzeddie's post, far better to run a dedicated cable for the pump than piggy backing off another..... the power draw means it needs a decent gauge of cable..... In my 14.44 thread there's a good run down on when I moved my pump out of a cupboard to underneath the van, less chance of flooding, less noise and made room for a nice wine rack.

DaveyT

Oct 16, 2021
Bunbury
Maybe a bit more info on the existing electrical system might help. Does it have a setec charger? An existing pump switch used or unused? Is this a replacement pump or an upgrade?

In principle a pump would be better with a dedicated supply from a setec or battery as they tend to draw a lot of current when running
Thanks mate. We've got lithium/solar setup. Direct cable from battery sounds like the go but I was trying to find a lazier way to do it

DaveyT

Oct 16, 2021
Bunbury
Ditto on jazzeddie's post, far better to run a dedicated cable for the pump than piggy backing off another..... the power draw means it needs a decent gauge of cable..... In my 14.44 thread there's a good run down on when I moved my pump out of a cupboard to underneath the van, less chance of flooding, less noise and made room for a nice wine rack.
Thanks Drover. I'll give it a read

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you have a buzz bar/board which feeds the power from battery then running a circuit off that is far better than direct from battery, less connections from the battery the better.....

Reactions: DaveyT