Exterior 3M Polish Marine Wax

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I got these two bottles of 3M Marine Wax supplied with my van.

The white bottle has application instructions but the black does not, only says 'Shake well'. Do you use both simultaneously or is it one or the other?

20140721_122340.jpg 20140721_122321.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The white bottle only use in a small area at a time and a bit harsher but good for removing gumleaf stains and the odd bit of bitumen. But it is a lot harsher I found on the fibreglass just dont rub right in with plenty of elbow grease beceause as mentioned on the bottle its a cleaner too.

The black one is what I always use and very easy to apply. Apply it like normal car polish again doing an area at a time and not in direct sunlight as it dries quite quickly. Keep rotating clean soft clothes for best results. After each polish it gets easier and makes the van real smooth and shiney and easier to clean between trips.

:tea:

Last edited:

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
On my front bed end it has started to lose a bit of its shine. Not real noticeable but annoys me. Anyone know a polish/wax that can sort this out to bring it back.

rjstokes

Jun 5, 2013
Perth, WA
For anyone interested or procrastinating, I hit the bed ends today with 3M Restorer and Wax which is the next step up in harshness from the above product. They were quite oxidised and dull beforehand.

The photos don't do it real justice (look at the wall reflection), but very happy with the net result...

image.jpg
image.jpg

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
This I sanded with 240g down to 1500, then similar polishes as above. The nose cone and lids have a fair layer of gelcoat. The sides however are much less. But for real stubborn stains or scratches you can start with wet n dry before the polishes.
Gelcoat deteriorates with age left in the sun no waxing will cause it to go dusty and loose the gloss. Regular polishing/waxing is good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 298

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The white bottle only use in a small area at a time and a bit harsher but good for removing gumleaf stains and the odd bit of bitumen. But it is a lot harsher I found on the fibreglass just dont rub right in with plenty of elbow grease beceause as mentioned on the bottle its a cleaner too.
Thank God for the search capability on here and thanks @cruza driver for your comment.... @bigcol and I have what looks like gum sap stains from the weekends trip to Toodyay and "Elbow Grease and Fibreglass Cleaner" only removed minimal stain.

Just found the two bottles I received with the van so will give it a go on the weekend (Unless I get home before dark one night!)

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
If you can't find the black one and it works on ours let me know..... I'll bring it over and sit back and watch you do yours ;)

with the Flamingo, we got a packet of what looked like Jelly Crystals.........for cleaning or something...
silver foil packet with blue on it is all I remember

Reactions: dagree

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
with the Flamingo, we got a packet of what looked like Jelly Crystals.........for cleaning or something...
silver foil packet with blue on it is all I remember

MDMA perhaps

I wonder if it is something you add to water to make a liquid cleaner or polish