Sold 3 x Bike racks for draw bar

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi all,

I have upgraded to a 4 x bike rack so no longer have a need for these. Everything needed to mount it on the draw bar is included. The little aluminium blocks "lift" the rack so it clears the spare tyre - you may not need these but they are included anyway.

$40 ea for all 3 for $100. Local pickup from 3805 or 3151 preferred as the length may drive cost of postage up.

for_sale_1.jpg

Following 2 pics show the racks fitted and how the bikes sit.

for_sale_2.jpg

for_sale_3.jpg

Thanks

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Sold i bloody need them.now going to put young fellas bike on roof rack not bringing the daughters shes shattered im in altona where are you id get them tonight if i could let me know im leaving tomoz at 1pm so if i carnt can you hold them for me till i get back on the 22nd next month well pick them up around then first available weekend ?????

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Here's what info I have

cyclingdeal.com.au - (03) 9793 9188 - located in Dandenong South
Part number is YT-85835
Description: Alloy Car roof bike rack Bicycle carrier rack with Lock - $65 inc GST
Best ring to check they have stock first.

Bolts are gal bolts from Bunnings - something like this - I can't remember specific size but you can measure it once you have the racks and the van around - https://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-m8-x-150mm-galvanised-cup-head-bolt-and-nut-4-pack_p2310524 Also get some gal lock nuts to suit.

The cup head slides into the bottom of the rack if you pop the plastic end off. I put a washer under the rack so the bolt doesn't pull through

20170112_090825.jpg

I only put the aluminium block in to lift the rack over the spare wheel - you may not need this.

For the bottom plates, something like this - https://www.bunnings.com.au/dunnings-150-x-150-x-75-x-6mm-m12-galvanised-angle-bracket_p1070081 - and cut it into 2.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Here's what info I have

cyclingdeal.com.au - (03) 9793 9188 - located in Dandenong South
Part number is YT-85835
Description: Alloy Car roof bike rack Bicycle carrier rack with Lock - $65 inc GST
Best ring to check they have stock first.

Bolts are gal bolts from Bunnings - something like this - I can't remember specific size but you can measure it once you have the racks and the van around - https://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-m8-x-150mm-galvanised-cup-head-bolt-and-nut-4-pack_p2310524 Also get some gal lock nuts to suit.

The cup head slides into the bottom of the rack if you pop the plastic end off. I put a washer under the rack so the bolt doesn't pull through

View attachment 58851

I only put the aluminium block in to lift the rack over the spare wheel - you may not need this.

For the bottom plates, something like this - https://www.bunnings.com.au/dunnings-150-x-150-x-75-x-6mm-m12-galvanised-angle-bracket_p1070081 - and cut it into 2.
Thanks for the info @Macca_75

Reactions: Macca_75

heathm

Jan 7, 2018
Botanic Ridge
Hi Macca,

I’m looking to find a bike rack for 4 bikes, I was wondering what you replaced these with? Did you go with another drawbar mount?

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Thanks for the info @Macca_75
So after your help @Macca_75 I purchased a rack from cyclingdeal.com.au, great service, had it delivered to me within a couple of days, even though I ordered between Christmas and New Year.

Ended up with a great rack whcih I made a couple of minor mods to and put up on the roof rack. Worked perfectly on our trip a couple of weeks back

Attachments

• IMG_4637.jpg
    IMG_4637.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi Macca,

I’m looking to find a bike rack for 4 bikes, I was wondering what you replaced these with? Did you go with another drawbar mount?
Hey @heathm - I ended up with a isi 4x4x4 (with an additional hitch for the car so I can swap the carrier between car and van in about 1 minute.

http://www.isi-carriers.com/products.html

Cost a bomb, but the bikes are rock solid and take < 30 secs per bike to put on/take off.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
So after your halp @Macca_75 I purchased a rack from cyclingdeal.com.au, great service, had it delivered to me within a couple of days, even though I ordered between Christmas and New Year.

Ended up with a great rack whcih I made a couple of minor mods to and put up on the roof rack. Worked perfectly on our trip a couple of weeks back
Looks good - your travelling height is higher than the van o_O not so much the wind drag but gee you need to look out for the trees.

Brad Hardwick

Oct 19, 2017
Vic
Hey @heathm - I ended up with a isi 4x4x4 (with an additional hitch for the car so I can swap the carrier between car and van in about 1 minute.

http://www.isi-carriers.com/products.html

Cost a bomb, but the bikes are rock solid and take < 30 secs per bike to put on/take off.

Hey @Macca_75 I have been looking at the isi. How did you mount the isi to the van? Do you have any photos I just can't see how it could fit on mine. Expanda 14.44 Outback

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hey @Brad Hardwick - have a chat to George at ISI Carriers and let him know you van model (and wether or not you have an extended drawbar and if it is touring or Outback model (specifically 4" or 6" A frame)). He sells mounts. You can see the bracket from the photo below what they look like (this is pre bolting it on). I had to move my ESC controller and ESC indicator light. I bolted the post to the mount first, then attached the mount to the A frame.

isi_mount.jpg

The mount comes with the required U bolts, etc. You won't need to buy anything else if you buy his kit.

Attachments

• isi_mount.jpg
    isi_mount.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 747
Reactions: 1DayIll