2018 Multi State meet

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
just putting it out there. 2012 was Mansfield. 2014 was Camerons Corner. 2016 the Flinders Ranges.
Has anyone given thought to 2018?
I retire September 2018 at this stage.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
I thought s possible place would be Temora and do it on a weekend when the planes are flying. It is close to half way between Sydney and Melbourne and would have the added interest of flying warbirds. I would be happy to come down from Queensland for a show like that.
I would be interested in that idea as well.....

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Corryong sounds good. But so does Temora. I haven't been to either. But Corryong could be too far for some?
Of course I just put it out there for discussion. Like most, for me it's all about timing. I retire 2nd September 2018. Getting away before then would not be happening. Also, how tied to caravan parks are we? Sheepyard Flats was free camping with drop pit dunnys.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh yeah, the park at the airfield extends from the usual 50 sites to about 5000, down to end of runway and across road into the paddocks with trailer dunnies, its fantastic really.
The other 10000 people have to camp at showgrounds or in town or further out.

Reactions: davemc

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Corryong sounds good. But so does Temora. I haven't been to either. But Corryong could be too far for some?
Of course I just put it out there for discussion. Like most, for me it's all about timing. I retire 2nd September 2018. Getting away before then would not be happening. Also, how tied to caravan parks are we? Sheepyard Flats was free camping with drop pit dunnys.
Temora has a camp ground at the airfield (very popular) as power water and amenities looked quite good last time we drove past to check it out, there's also the showground and small CP back in town, no idea on any free camps in the area

Dogger

Jun 3, 2016
Wallerawang
As a regular camper (4-5 times a year) at Temora airfield park, its a great spot for $25 a night. Its cold in winter and very hot in summer. It has a few amenity blocks spread out to make your wee walks shorter. The place is always clean and tidy. There is another park in town ran by the council as well its on the main road and i imagine it would be fairly noisy at night and not much privacy this is why i stay at the airfield park. There is a free camp at the old railway station in the middle of town but its only good for about 4-6 vans that are self contained. I will say if you do pass through its one to stop at for a night.
Depending on work i could just be interested...