Starcraft 2014 Starcraft Outback Solar

Akil

Nov 16, 2016
Perth
Hi All,

We have recently purchased a 2014 Jayco Starcraft 22.68-1 Outback and I wanted to know if anyone has installed additional solar panels and if so how did you go about it?

I’m yet to have a close look on the roof but I expect there is only one cable run and I doubt that it’ll handle the addition of something like a 300w panel (current panel I believe is a 150w).

Cheers,
Ian

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi All,

We have recently purchased a 2014 Jayco Starcraft 22.68-1 Outback and I wanted to know if anyone has installed additional solar panels and if so how did you go about it?

I’m yet to have a close look on the roof but I expect there is only one cable run and I doubt that it’ll handle the addition of something like a 300w panel (current panel I believe is a 150w).

Cheers,
Ian

Welcome Ian,

I wouldn't be surprised if the cable is ok for 300w
give Jayco a call and ask for the mm size

Reactions: bigcol

Akil

Nov 16, 2016
Perth
@Axl cheers for the thread reference. I did have a squiz at it and cound't find the answer though it was interesting that people with 150w say that it's enough.

Looks like I'll have to call Jayco, wish me luck.

Ian

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
The cable there is sufficient, I had an extra panel added at the dealer. Connected up to existing wiring. The cable there is good enough for 20-30A, but you will only see 15A tops as the open circuit voltage shouldn't get above 22Vdc.

Highest I have seen on my Drifter console is 9.2A. Pretty happy with that.

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Hi All,

Cheers,
Ian
If it comes with solar from factory you will be able to add another 150 watt panel as the factory normally use a 30 amp solar regulator so it's good for two 150 watt panels.

Reactions: Eddii and bigcol