17' Series 2013 17.56-2 Ordered

MiniKlein

Jan 29, 2014
Ipswich Qld
Hi All,
I have been reading all the forums with great interest for a couple of weeks now; I have been amazed with all the contributions and helpful information.
While on holidays at Brunswick Heads NSW for three weeks, we go every year; I finally had enough. I started on the phone; Brisbane, Gold Coast and Coffs Harbour to see what was in stock and what bargains I could swing.
So on the Australia Day weekend I am the very proud and excited owner of a 2013 17.56-2 OB!!! from Watson’s at Coffs. It is a pity that Jayco Brisbane did not take my phone inquiry seriously so now I have to travel 5 hours each way to collect my van, but you cannot beat good customer service!
We are very excited to pick her up and start some new memories in a little more comfit than the 4x4 camper trailer that has been excellent over the past years. With two daughters hopefully camping will be a bit easier!
Now I think I managed to get a good deal with some good extras from floor stock;
· External Shower
· 150W Solar inc 100A house battery
· Coast to Coast indication panel
· 150L fridge
· Stereo inc internal external speakers
· External TV connection
· Picnic Table
· 21.5 TV
· Wind up antenna

Think that is it??
Now all I have to do now is start some mods that lots have talented forum members have already provided me with inspiration.
Due to work commitments I cannot collect the panda, which was ready to collect on the weekend after I payed the deposit. It is killing me that it is ready!!! Bloody Work! So at this stage I have booked to collect Saturday 15th so not long now.
At least the wait has allowed me to change to a 12 pin plug and install the additional wiring, circuit breakers and battery isolation required.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Welcome to the forum and great that you jumped in. Congrats on the van, you'll really enjoy it (biased of course). Be sure to do a member intro and tell us about camping expeditions, tow car, family size............ Pace.

MiniKlein

Jan 29, 2014
Ipswich Qld
Hi all a bit about us, Kate my wife and I have two beautiful daughters Ava 4 and Poppy 2. I am fortunate that I have work supplied 2102 Dual Cab LT Colorado as the tug; standard gear only. But work cars are like hire cars can go anywhere and do anything!!! ;) The Colorado is a great vehicle, I have put over 60K on the clock in 12 months I am really looking forward to putting through its paces with the panda behind. We go camping fairly regularly with our 4x4 Jimboomba Camper Trailer we aim for at least once a month but with the kids it is getting harder and harder plus the setup of the camper was killing me hence the new panda... We go away every year for 3 weeks camping at Brunswick Heads starting the first Saturday after Christmas. Our favourite spot is up on the beach at Noosa North Shore, and Gordon Country near Toowoomba.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome along @MiniKlein yeah, the amount of Mods people have done sometimes flood the sensors, but its all good.
you have said you have done the 12 pin etc - did you also get a decent Electric Brake Controller?
I have known people to do that...... (all the excitement and all)

cheers

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
Sounds great @MiniKlein you will love the new van. Might see you at Noosa North Shore one day we are a big fan of the park as well. So close to the beach yet dont need to get the car sandy, also great for the kids with no traffic driving past. Enjoy!