Starcraft 19.61-3

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Not sure if this has been posted yet....

Very interesting!

FB_IMG_1471068542188.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
just showing Sarah.. you miss the robes next to the bed so less storage area as well.
Whats the price anyone know? Normal 19 is around $5k cheaper then 22.68 and $2k cheaper then 20.62.
If you can live with expanda bed do not mind the Gecko's that @Smergen has
The 16 Gecko is not bad as well

Reactions: bigcol

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Hi all, jist wondering if anyone has had a look at this van, or even better ordered one? Really interested as own a pajero and cant tow 22.68 but the touring model 19.61 wil be jist perfect..
Without being rude what extras did u get thrown in and what extras should we add? Also if u dont minf what did u pay?

GC Caravan Hire

May 28, 2016
Gold Coast
www.gccaravanforhire.com.au
Hi all, jist wondering if anyone has had a look at this van, or even better ordered one? Really interested as own a pajero and cant tow 22.68 but the touring model 19.61 wil be jist perfect..
Without being rude what extras did u get thrown in and what extras should we add? Also if u dont minf what did u pay?

Were you looking at the 22 in outback or touring spec? We have (2014 22.68) Starcraft with 3 bunk beds, in touring spec, ball weight is 162kg, which with that weight lets the Pajero go up to its 3 ton limit. ( I think jayco quote it at 170kg. Ob spec comes in a bit heavier on the ball at 195kg, which keeps you stuck at the 2.5 limit

Reactions: Delano

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
We were looking at the touring... is that 162 ball weight when ur van is empty or loaded? My guess wpud be that when loaded it would be more than 180 hence giving me a 2500 kg limt..
Getting prices on the 19 today.. will see what happens

GC Caravan Hire

May 28, 2016
Gold Coast
We were looking at the touring... is that 162 ball weight when ur van is empty or loaded? My guess wpud be that when loaded it would be more than 180 hence giving me a 2500 kg limt..
Getting prices on the 19 today.. will see what happens

That weight is as per the compliance plates (so unloaded), depending on where you shuffle Things around in the van, water tanks etc you could alter that a bit, but the main thing from an insurance point of view is it is within its limits (whether or not that was the actual ball weight if their was an accident as everything would move around,etc)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Our 22.68 touring is around 270 loaded although we have larger chassis and third tank. Still 14 go cart wheels ;)
Even emptying the tank was only 245kg
You have to run nothing in the front tunnel our plate empty 221 and ATM 2780.

Been away for 5 weeks when ever you see a big van and a Paj the rear bar has a lot on it. I assume to bring TBM down not sure what that does to the towing.

GC Caravan Hire

May 28, 2016
Gold Coast
Our 22.68 touring is around 270 loaded although we have larger chassis and third tank. Still 14 go cart wheels ;)
Even emptying the tank was only 245kg
You have to run nothing in the front tunnel our plate empty 221 and ATM 2780.

Been away for 5 weeks when ever you see a big van and a Paj the rear bar has a lot on it. I assume to bring TBM down not sure what that does to the towing.

Jeez that seems really nose heavy, 25% worse then their brochures... Eeeeek

Damn Mitsubishi and their variable towing weights... My understanding is in other markets their towing weight is 3300kg which would make life soooo much easier

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Yeah ive seen some pajeros ltely that are definately pushing boundaries,if not breaking them.. i want to do it right thats why im looking into the new 19 touring, still close but im certain ill be within the limits

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Yes good to not push things.
Just remember what's on Jaycos website might not match real van. If close get it in writing as part of the deal if over then no deal.
we went touring as had a petrol Disco at the time so wanted to keep weight down not to strain engine too much. Also got a good deal on the touring pretty much loaded a few k under what the now starting price is.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Went to Bayswater Jayco on Saturday and found they had an outback version on the lot. Also noticed that they have changed the compliance plate, now only showing empty ball mass, instead of both empty and full. Salesperson said that is to confusing having both. Nice looking van. Was also told that this is the replacement for the 20.62-3 as they are no longer making them.
20161015_145726.jpg

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
19.61.3 touring
Extended drawbar
Underslung axles
Picnic table
Bike rack
Ibis aircon upgrade
Centremount jockey wheel
Water filter
Shelves in robe
Gas bayonet
External entertainment unit
Anti flap
Roof rafters
Trifold table
Extra external light
150 watt Solar
Drifta control
15 inch tyre n wheel upgrade

Wanted so much more but u have to stop somewhere..

Delivery is pre xmas, called a couple of dealers, got quotes and by shear luck stumbled across one that had one ordered for stock, they made a few calls and to our delight agreed to make it ours and add all our extras.. considering the other dealers told us march delivery we couldn't be happier

Last edited: