17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Well it is official my days in a expanda are numbered after I ordered a 17-58-3 Starcraft OB today. Wanting to free camp and ease of setup were the main reasons for the upgrade. I have optioned it up a little to suit us with some help from many on here with their ideas. We have gone with -
17-58-3 OB
Roof air
164lt fridge
Extended drawbar
Drifter control panel
Fusion basic stereo
ESC
Extra spare on rear( front will go when I get a toolbox ) thx @achjimmy
Wind up antenna
Trifold dinette table
150 solar upgrade
Jockey wheel in middle of drawbar
Awning light offside
External hatch under bunks
Picnic table
External double powerpoint
Extra 12v inside
Extra 240v inside

Build time looks to be late March and can't wait.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Congrats Pal, plenty of time to go before the contract is signed and there is more to add from the forumites suggestions.

I'll start the ball rolling, what about gas bayonet for Weber or is it included in the OB range? EDIT-yes standard on OB.
Conventional hitch or Tregg?

Pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Great news @17triton did you get the 600kg payload ?. I see you got the tri fold great stuff.
I asked about that Jim and was told I would have to upgrade the suspension and a extra $500 or so???? Didn't worry about it then but will make some more enquiries. Thanks again for all the info in your build and the quirks thread it has been very helpful.:)

Reactions: cruza driver

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I asked about that Jim and was told I would have to upgrade the suspension and a extra $500 or so???? Didn't worry about it then but will make some more enquiries. Thanks again for all the info in your build and the quirks thread it has been very helpful.:)
Nice work. Upgrade the suspension??? Maybe they should bend them knee things and stick their head under and have a look ..... you could land Elvis the water chopper on that suspension

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Hey mate no worries glad I could help. Looking at one the other day they seem to have ironed out a few quirks like the door and the hatch for the Dunny. The other tip is tell them to make sure all the hatch keys match? Our extra doesn't but the dealer is chasing it up. They said oh you have to request that at ordering to get it which I did so they are doing it. The axle group should be a 2667kg and the Tare on ours was 2020 so it's a no brainer mate.

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Didn't cost a cent extra mate. Like I keep banging on about I am careful about what I load and do and we are at 600kg loaded! Also insist you want the weighbridge certificate because it shows the Tare as well.

image.jpeg

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Magnificent work mate. Great list of extras there and will certainly open up a lot of free camp options for you. Gonna look mighty nice behind the triton.

Reactions: 17triton