17.56.2 Which Upgrade Options To Add

farm007cs

Oct 16, 2010
Hi there Expanda, We are too looking at a 17.56-2 OB (a very popular van). We can see u have speced the van up very well with extra power points speakers etc. Can u please tell us what options and extras u have and let us know how useful they are. Our options are RM 2553 150 L Fridge, B2200 Roof air, privacy screens, extra power, tv points and brackets at rear bed, extra power point under bunks, anderson plug, extended a-frame, control panel, and innerspring to beds. With thanks, Chris.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey there Chris your list looks extensive like mine :)

In relation to the inner spring mattress we had one on the 16.49.2 but I did not like it as the zipper line in them was very annoying and made the mattress move a bit so this time we left it out.

One other thing to keep in mind is cost, what alot of people do not realise is the cost you get an add on for when you purchase the van new is very different from what it would cost for the dealer service centre to add it in later.

I will start a list and edit as I go as I probably will miss a few things due to my bad memory :) but will also through in some pictures and things to let you know where everything is!

First off is the Jayco standard features!

External Features

• Jayco Tough frame
• Solid fibreglass roof over bed ends
• Galvanised "Millennium Chassis"
• One piece jumbo boot liner
• LED external running lights
• Alloy wheels
• Concealed windout windows
• Bumper bar
• 2 corner Tri-lock Trimatic security door
• Sandwich domed seamless F/Glass roof
• Aluminium body & roof top frame
• Removeable flyscreen windows to pop top tent
• Grab handle & light at door
• 240v / Gas HWS on shower models
• 2x 82 litre water tanks on shower models
• Lockable water filler
• 12v annexe light
• 240v external power point
• External mains pressure tap

External Features

• Aluminium LP corner extrusion & aluminium seat frames
• Dometic RM2350 3 way fridge (90L)
• SMEV 4 burner gas griller with one 240v element, 12v ignition & flame failure device
• 12v power system with built in "Trickle" charger (Does not include a batter)
• Large parents bed (12' to 16' vans: 1470mm rear bed) (17-56 vans: 1360mm front bed)
• 12v lighting system including bed lights
• Microwave
• 12v rangehood
• Flush fitting stainless steel sink with cover
• Privacy curtains to bed ends
• Designer Pelmets
• Positive cupboard catches
• Moulded Step Insert
• Zippered cushion covers (vinyl backed)
• Rubber backed curtains & ties Scrim curtains (weighted)
• Overhead cupboard stays (where possible)
• Mains pressure tap to sink
• Pot drawers under griller
• Coaxial TV point

17.56.2 Upgrade options -

1) At the front end on the cabinet opposite the main dinette we have a TV Outlet, 240V power point, 12V power point and RCA leads from the DVD player. This allows for full control of the TV from all power options 12V / 240V and allows connection of the DVD player

2) At the rear end on the caravan in the floor cupboard opposite the shower end we have another TV Outlet, 240V power point, 12V power point and RCA leads from the DVD player. This allows for full control of the TV from all power options 12V / 240V and allows connect of the DVD player

3) Above this power point in the corner we have a TV swing arm three piece not two so a TV can be used when in the parent bed.

4) A winegaurd antenna on the roof for TV reception when not connected to an external outlet. We also got a bonus TV outlet at the splitter point which is positioned in the kitchen area. You turn the winegaurd on and off from this point which allows to use an antenna point external to the van say in the caravan park etc.

5) Under the main dinette we have a double power point which is perfect for plugging in chargers, laptops etc and using them at the table.

6) Under the smaller dinette we have another double power point for the game consoles etc :)

7) DVD / CD player, speakers two internal and two external and the dvd connections (RCA leads) to the front and rear points in the van. They connect this to your battery if you get one so you can switch it on when you are setting up / packing up.

8) 100 AMP hour deep cycle battery fantastic for bush camping, while travelling, setting up in a park or even just packing the van as it allows you control of your lights, stereo, toilet flusher etc without requiring a 240V connection.

9) 150 Litre fridge, this is a must if you have kids! The extra size is a real benefit as well if you are doing long trips as you can store more.

10) Dometic roof top air, this is still a debate topic my reasons are mostly for storage but overall I have not fully tested the unit yet.

11)Water filter and tap, this is great for drinking water as you have an independent drinking tap to get clean fresh water from.

12) Control panel is great if you have the battery option and the water tanks as it allows you to monitor the level of your tanks and battery charge at the flick of a button. Just make sure they put it in a conveinet spot.

13) External BBQ outlets at the front and rear of the van. These allow for you to snap in a BBQ at the front or rear of the van without the need for an extra gas bottle. This is probably my favourite addition being able to open the BBQ and plug into the van makes life so much easier!

14) Privacy screens, much of a muchness but they do reduce the heat internally behind the canvas and also offer a bit more wet weather protection!

Well that’s nearly it! If I think of anything more I will let you know!