17.56-2 wall mounted air con leaking

Red 2013

Jan 15, 2013
Hi There

New to the forum andwe're a family of four, and we've had a 17.56-2 for about a year now. We're just about to head off on holiday and on packing the van in 35 plus temps yesterday, the wall mounted air con started leaking water heavily.

It's already been taken back once before to the dealer for repair for the same problem. We had to abandon our holiday last summer and come home as the water coming out was so substantial. The dealer said they ran it for a few days, but saw nothing? Now the problem is back and I have no idea what to do. It's a Heron 2.2 and seems to struggle in the heat. My hubby works away, so it's just me here and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what might be causing the leaking as the dealer doesn't seem to want to know about it.

THanks so much for any suggestions or advice.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi

The hose that drains the water to outside is either blocked or has fallen off.
If you remove the filters under the head unit you may be able to see the drain tube/pipe and if there is anything wrong.
The water leak will not have any effect on the ac other than making a mess and maybe affecting the woodwork due to water.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Red and welcome, where is it leaking? I assume it's inside which might mean the drain hose is blocked. I would try to access it from the aircon and blow out with compressed air, the condensation should come out under van. While your at it give the air filters a clean also. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Red 2013

Jan 15, 2013
Thanks Guys, it's leaking to the left hand side if you were standing in front of it (it's above my sink so I look right into it :mmph:) and dripping solidly onto our dining cushions and has slightly damaged the woodwork underneath. I've taken out the cushions to dry and air and have wiped all the water I can see. Thanks MFexpanda, I was worried about water and electrics/damage with the leakage. I'll clean out the air filters and and will check out the drain tube. Appreciate the feedback..

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I know this is probably not the fault but I know it can cause water to drip out of the a/c similar to you problem. Just make sure all the van widows, roof hatches,door etc are closed. If not condensation will build up and drip out of the vents. Friends of ours with the same a/c unit as ours (roof mounted) complained to us at beer oclock their a/c was leaking out of the vents and onto the floor. Upon inspection of their van we noticed all the pop top vents and bed ends were open.We convinced them to close it all up,and after that all was good. On our pack up day ours did the same as the door was open so much.

Cheers