17.56.2 URGENT PROBLEM " Jayco have moved A/C in kitchen "

Davetouring

Oct 14, 2010
Hello All,

Jayco have moved the A/C to the kitchen on all new 17.56.2 vans delivered now on so it blows air in your face while you are working at the sink. God knows why?????

According to the Jayco web site, and on the virtual tour, it shows the aircon over the refrig, and the microwave on the kitchen side. This makes sense, if you happen to be sitting at the table you can direct air to you and family, with the aircon on the kitchen side it is blowing on to the refrig and on the door.

I am going to try to get Jayco to change the A/C so it is above the fridge, I recommend anybody who has a 17.56.2 on order to contact Jayco Urgently.

Regards Dave

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday Dave, when we purchased our last two new vans from Jayco we had to sign of on the location of all items aircon included.

Admittebly in the new van we have roof top air for the 17.56.2 so not affected by this directly but our dealer has been very meticulous in the positioning of all our electrical items.

It was always a point of if they can though, as some times we wanted things in one spot but they could not go there due to differening reasons.

Did you order a van and it ended up in the wrong position without your knoweldge?

Davetouring

Oct 14, 2010
Still in the order phase, but Jayco said they can't move the A/C from the kitchen in the 17.56.2 because of technical problems. Stange as they have made vans like this for over a year.

What model roof a/c did you get, does it work well? did it cost much extra?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
The model we got is Dometic B2200

http://www.dometic.com/enau/Asia-Pa...tilators/Product-display/?productdataid=66884

The price difference in dollar terms is about $800 difference compared to the normal heron air con unit. That's in cash terms when you do the deal I find overall it pays to add few things and work your price into a manageable region. :)

We only picked the van up yesterday afternoon but we went straight up the coast with it and I am sitting in the van now as I type this!

I have not tried the aircon full on but a few features I like so far is remote control, has an inbuilt light so in the night you can use the remote to turn some lights on. Its very powerful, I turned it on this morning for about half an hour to heat the van up and had to turn it off as it was so hot!

Money aside the best feature is the installed location of it, it's really handy having it in the roof and out of the way and I just like the fact its less overall cupboard space. :)

We had the heron 2.2 in the other van and while the unit was quite powerful it was hard to get it to work properly because of where it was installed!

Let us know what you decide!

Lujo

Oct 14, 2010
Southern Riverina
Expanda
Congrat on your purchase
Just wondering if you could post some photos of the AC as we are in negotiations to purchase a 17.56.2 at the moment
Cheers