17' Series 17.56.2 shower water damage

Snides

Dec 21, 2017
Osborne NSW
Hi all.
Only just joined as looking at a 2011 van with water damage under the shower area. Only visible on the outside. So don’t know full extent. It’s a fully loaded van that’s cheap now from the damage. Wondering how hard is pulling the shower up and repairing. I have renovated houses so think I can manage this unless jayco have made it hard to pull up shower and the wood below if it’s damaged.
Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
Or am I dreaming a bit much.

Cheers Damo.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can't recall who..............................it would need a good survey before parting the dollars just to see how far the rot goes..........floor isn't all that hard but if it's in the walls as well could become problematic...............................be a most interesting project though.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Full van or poptop would make a significant difference. The verticals in the full van are fixed at the top through the roof before the roof is skinned. Youll get the verticals out but youll just need to be a bit creative fixing them back in. If the shower has leaked and damaged the floor, its very likely to have damage the wall so youll need to consider that; the walls are lower than the FFL ... otherwise vans are not too much more than a polystyrene storage box with dividers. If youve done significant hands on renovating youll have no issues.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Can't recall who..............................it would need a good survey before parting the dollars just to see how far the rot goes..........floor isn't all that hard but if it's in the walls as well could become problematic...............................be a most interesting project though.

http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/our-18-57-6.1644/page-11

Here it is, it was Burnsy. poor bloke. Have a read through his thread. Pace.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Snides

Dec 21, 2017
Osborne NSW
Thanks everyone for your comments. Poor bloke having all that trouble.

I’m going fir big drive today to have a look. It was inspected by a dealer for trade in which I tracked down. Was a fluke I got right one straight away. She said it was only superficial mould from leaving wet shower mat up against wall and is all good behind. Can replace the small sheet which is what u step over to get into shower.
Anyway fingers crossed it’s not to bad and only needs good cleanup.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If it's that panel below the door jam and floor, I've cut the fake wood away with a stanley knife, nice and straight and glued in a sheet of brushed aluminium, looks good and is a good kick plate too boot, as mine had got a bit soft from water splashing out from door.

Snides

Dec 21, 2017
Osborne NSW
Doesn’t really matter anymore. Had the family piled up in car about to head off on 900km trip to look at it then got the call he sold it. Pretty annoying but could have been worse could have been halfway there.
So back looking now if anyone has a 17.56.2 outback for sale

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Then it wasn't meant to be.....go armed with camera at the ready next time so you have some pics if something is dodgy and want us to have a lookie....... If there's stains around windows, or roof fittings then be wary as it may only be a small sample of something horrible hidden behind.....inside cupboards at the back and front are great story tellers as well.