Starcraft 17.56.2 is out 17.58.3 is in!

Prm

May 15, 2015
Glenden Qld
Woo hoo. we have sold our expand and have picked up our starcraft outback.

We have the usual extra's-
extended drawbar
TV and sterio
roof mount A/C
big fridge
etc.

Now for the questions.

We want to put a toolbox on the drawbar and i don't want the gas bottles in front of the box. We want to carry the BabyQ and a few other bits and pieces. We have a bracket to mount the spare on the rear bar. We are working to a budget so big custom job is out.
Gas bottles in our outside??
How to mount it with suitable support?

We did this DIY on the expanda and it worked out great but had a short draw bar to work with and the span between the A frame was a lot shorter. This time we don't have the size limitations of the front bed thank god.

Any photo's and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat

Prm

May 15, 2015
Glenden Qld
I have finally worked out what i am doing with the toolbox. I have poached a number of idea's from here and have bought a standard 1200 wide box and had a mount made that will fit the box and gas bottles on the outside of the box. We will even have some room for 2 jerry cans. Had it made from alloy so weight is bugger all.
As soon as i can work out how to do it and the job is done i will post some pics but i have to mount the complete set up on sunday so we can be ready for our maiden trip next weekend. 5 weeks holidays and no fixed destination or route. I can't wait!

Jamo

Sep 25, 2016
Sydney
Can I ask why the change from an expanda to a Starcraft? I am looking to purchase one but can't decide which to go with. 2 adults 2 kids