150 litre fridge

Micod

Mar 30, 2011
Hello, we just took delivery of our expanda and are packing all our stuff into it ready for its first trip. I have hooked the power up but can't seem to get any response from the fridge. I definately can not hear it running (a good thing i guess) but I have it on 240v and it does not seem to be be getting cold. I read in the instructions that the dometic sometimes requires being run for 4 hour prior to using. Has anyone had similar issue or is this normal and i need to be patient? Also the b2200 heater seems to stuggle, again I have read that it only takes the edge off, is this also right? Thanks

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
Can't help you re the heater (we have upgraded to the Ibis roof mounted). But the fridges don't make a lot of noise and will take a few hours to get cold. Just keep checking on it regularly :)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The fridges not make any noise, they are absorption fridges, no compressor like your home fridge, yes they take a while to get cold, make sure it's as level as possible, also find the internal power point for the fridge. make sure it's on.

We have the Heron2 A/C, on heat mode they do little more than take the chill out of the air. In Armidale the other week ours actually stopped heating. Once I shut it down and restarted it was OK, they are not a true reverse cycle. in heat mode they are just like a fan heater.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
As Bushie explained for the heron the B2200 is Not a reverse cycle A/c but cooling only with a electric element for heating so providing you feel some heat I guess it's working. We carry a small portable electric heater which seems to do a better job. Would love to include a diesel or gas heater in the new van but not sure I want to part with the $2k

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
New fridge

We just recieved our 17.56-2 with 150L fridge in june.

One our first two trips we had run the fridge for 3 days before we left and the ice would melt in the freezer.

Turned it to gas and it works fine, even freezing the fridge drinks.

Took it back to jayco and it worked fine for them.

The fridge guy said it probably just neded to run on gas to clean out everything. Doesnt make sense but is working fine now.

Try running it on gas for a few days.