Exterior 100 Series Bullbar

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi All,

Need some help, I've just got myself a genuine 100 series Estate (winch) bullbar for the 'cruiser having only had a nudge bar up to this point. Trouble is it hasn't got the swing out number plate cover which covers the fairlead that is suppose to come with it, previous owner had the number plate bolted on under the where the fairlead is mounted. The assembly is no longer available through Toyota. Does anyone out there have the same bar so that I could make up a set of drawings for the cover and get one made up. Alternatively does anyone know who manufactured the genuine bars here in Australia because I've found out through Toyota they didn't, they were designed and tested by Toyota but not manufactured by them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

ChrisU

May 18, 2015
Wandin North, Vic
Hi @gwadir, get your local dealer to try these 2 part numbers, PZQ29-60212HC, or PZQ29-60212FC, I am pretty sure one of these is what you are after, the first number if no winch is fitted to the bar, the second number if there is a winch fitted.

Cheers, Chris

Reactions: gwadir

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I know you probably did the ring around in and a round wollongong,
I was thinking more country though - Griffith, Cobar, Broken Hill, Bourke etall

I have a few times found hard to get parts in Carnarvon & Kalgoorlie..............
(mind you, lucky the boss never know about the phone calls at lunch time..........)

as a side note - a guy I went to school with runs a business in Kiama, have to get back one day...................

Reactions: gwadir and dagree

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I know you probably did the ring around in and a round wollongong,
I was thinking more country though - Griffith, Cobar, Broken Hill, Bourke etall

I have a few times found hard to get parts in Carnarvon & Kalgoorlie..............
(mind you, lucky the boss never know about the phone calls at lunch time..........)

as a side note - a guy I went to school with runs a business in Kiama, have to get back one day...................
That's a thought thanks for that @bigcol hadn't thought about that far afield, have been trying up the central coast, Sydney, west to Canberra, will keep looking and keep you posted.

Dave

P.S. Kiama's great, just down the road from us at Albion Park, have stayed at Surf Beach & Kendall's a couple of times just to get away, markets are great along the foreshore, folk festival's not bad either.

Reactions: bigcol

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi @gwadir, get your local dealer to try these 2 part numbers, PZQ29-60212HC, or PZQ29-60212FC, I am pretty sure one of these is what you are after, the first number if no winch is fitted to the bar, the second number if there is a winch fitted.

Cheers, Chris
Hi Chris and thanks for that however the part I'm after is PZQ29 60210FC Fairlead Cover.

Dave

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Dave, part number PZQ29-60212FC is the superceded part number for PZQ29-60210FC, it is the only one now available for the Estate Winch Bar.
Cheers, Chris :)
Hi Chris, Have just spoken to my local Toyota dealer, he informs me that PZQ29-60212FC is the current number and is still available, PZQ29-60210FC is the superseded number. He also said that part numbers usually increment when superseding they don't go down. Anyway good news is it's still available.

Next issue is going to be convincing SWMBO that a winch is a necessity and not a luxury, if anybody has any ideas on how I can manage that please let me know, mind control, hypnosis? Maybe I could try telling her she's looking a little bit stressed and it may be a good time to get out and do some retail therapy, at least then I might have some ammunition.

Dave

Reactions: bigcol and ChrisU

ChrisU

May 18, 2015
Wandin North, Vic
Hi Chris, Have just spoken to my local Toyota dealer, he informs me that PZQ29-60212FC is the current number and is still available, PZQ29-60210FC is the superseded number. He also said that part numbers usually increment when superseding they don't go down. Anyway good news is it's still available.

Next issue is going to be convincing SWMBO that a winch is a necessity and not a luxury, if anybody has any ideas on how I can manage that please let me know, mind control, hypnosis? Maybe I could try telling her she's looking a little bit stressed and it may be a good time to get out and do some retail therapy, at least then I might have some ammunition.

Dave
Glad to hear you've got it sorted.
As for your second issue, good luck!!
Cheers, Chris

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
What's bedroom duties? :closed_2:

Haven't you heard about the latest survey conducted by an English university, the most common position used by married couples in the bedroom is doggie! Husband on his knees begging, wife rolling over and playing dead :banplease:
I'll keep you updated from the dog kennel :)
Dave

Last edited:

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
You'll find a way. My brother in law wanted a compressor, we went for a drive out bush where he got a flat tyre, his wife was so impressed with our compressor she let him get one. Miraculously, that the tyre never went flat again, I think removing the small rock from the valve stem was the fix from memory. Where there's a will there's a way.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
when I wanted a winch, SWMBO reminded me of a previous Cruiser that had a winch (which we never used)

so one day, while on the sunny southern coast of WA, I drove onto the beach as she suggested, then stopped
"why are we stopping??"

well, my love, the beach is very very soft, and I dont have a winch to help get me out if it goes pear shaped...........

"why dont you get a winch then........ how much are they?????"

well, as it happens my love, I know someone who is about to replace their winch, with a bigger one - I may be able to snaffle that cheap.........

"well, you really need to set this car up for single recovery dont you....if we are going to be doing alot of single car traveling"

thank you dear, love you long time...............

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
P.S. Kiama's great, just down the road from us at Albion Park, have stayed at Surf Beach & Kendall's a couple of times just to get away, markets are great along the foreshore, folk festival's not bad either.

last time I was there, I was 11...................................
a very very very long time ago...........